Collection of personal information
We may collect your personal information in various ways. This information includes and is not limited to:
- Information that is voluntarily provided to us when you contact us (including, your name, email address, phone number, postal address and date of birth), for example, when filling in a form or survey or making a donation;
- Information that is collected from our website by tracking your click behaviour including the content you access and any services you utilise, and information collected by us through cookies; and
- Aggregated information related to our website traffic that may not identify you as an individual but may help us with insights into the website’s usage.
It is your choice whether you provide us with the requested personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to respond to interactions with The Kiwi Trust suitably, for example, if you make a donation and do not provide a contact address, we may not be able to provide a receipt.
Use of personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To acknowledge and thank you for your donations;
- To let you know about the impact that your donations have made;
- To respond to any questions you may have for us;
- To update you on any other information related to our business that we think you may be interested in;
- Inviting you to participate in campaigns, appeals or research for Save the Kiwi; and
- Internal analysis and record keeping.
We may disclose your personal information to service providers, contractors, and agents, such as marketing and analysis contractors, auditors, information technology and web support contractors, employee contribution schemes and banking agencies who are contracted to assist us in our operations.
We may also disclose your personal information if required or authorised to do so by law.
Storage & security
Any personal information that you provide us may be collected and held in physical or electronic form by The Kiwi Trust database system or the systems of our related parties and/or service providers. Where your personal information is provided to us electronically (including over the internet) we cannot ensure or warrant the complete security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
How to access your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the rights of access to, and correction of, your personal information. If you would like to talk to us about any communications that we send to you, you can contact us at any time at email@example.com or during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm excluding public holidays) on +64 (09) 307 4814. If any of your personal information is incorrect, please let us know.
If you visit The Kiwi Trust’s website at www.savethekiwi.nz, the website may utilise cookies which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. Cookies are small files saved to your computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of our website. You can control whether cookies are used by adjusting your web browser’s security settings to disable cookies.
We provide links to external sites that we think may be of interest to our website visitors. We do not have control over the operation or content of these third party websites and we do not accept any responsibility for the content or other material that may be contained on such websites. The use of any third party sites is at your own risk and we recommend that you read the privacy policies and other terms and conditions of third party sites that you access.